(Preface: This is all in fun.)
You might be involved with the Emergent Church if…
- You finally understand the Trinity now that you have read “The Shack”.
- You think “Blue Like Jazz” by Donald Miller is a book on Systematic Theology.
- You have life-size posters of Rob Bell on your wall.
- You read every blog entry on Emergent Village (and comment!).
- You consider Brian McLaren to be your spiritual granddad.
- You shaved your head to look like Tony Campolo.
- You think Mark Driscoll is a Fundamentalist.
- You learned to dance by reading “Soul Salsa” by Leonard Sweet.
- You sent money to Steve Taylor to help him release his new film.
- You don’t know what the term “Postmodern” means, but you think it is cool.
- You buy all your clothes from Abercrombie and Fitch.
- You chose your current church because they have WiFi and Starbucks!
- You keep a copy of “The Ragamuffin Gospel” in your car.
- You read “The Message” bible. You tried an NLT, but it had too many big words.
- You are in MN to see Doug Pagitt, NOT John Piper.
- You have a “Tony Jones is my homeboy,” bumper sticker on your eco-friendly hybrid.
- You love the word, “Conversation,” but cringe at the word, “Sermon.”
I don’t think any of the folks in any of the traditional churches in my area have the slightest idea what an “emergent church” is, much less be able to chuckle at this, LOL. Thanks….I’ve just discovered your site. Nice!
This is just too funny 🙂